Monday 9 July 2007

Yarn Donation





More great news today - a lovely lady called Joan from the Isle of Harris has very kindly offered to send us some oddments of yarn she has lying around. Family commitments will not allow her time to knit for us at the moment (we will be here when you find the time Joan don't worry!). But she very thoughtfully offered us her spare yarn to use in the meantime! Thank you so much Joan - you are a real star! :-)


Been really busy since last night - just finished an all white unisex baby set for the duaghter's mother - in - law (her friend from work is expecting but they don't know aht it is to be yet) I did a cardigan, beanie hat and shoes for her with wee teddy bear buttons. Then I got an order on e-bay for three lacey bonnets so I have finished two and just away to do the third one. I also got an order for two aran cardis and matching bobble hats in aran for twin baby boys in Port Glasgow - good job I did lots of scarves for Loving Hands when I was on holiday last week or I would be feeling I was neglecting that in favour of orders! :0)


It would be lovely if you could all post in the comments list what you are working on at the moment - whether it be for charity or for yourselves - I am sure everyone would love to see what you are doing!
I have added a few photos of some of my finished orders at the top - the lacey bonnets are great sellers - I sell them all over the world!

2 comments:

chickadix said...

Beautiful garments for the babies. I'll have to get some baby yarn, and do my bit for such a worthy cause.

There is also a group on the yahoo groups call CIC (Children in Common). They knit for children 2years up to adult. Most of their stuff goes to orphanages in Russia, these places don't have heating, or hot water, all their laundry is done by hand in cold water.

BeaLee said...

wow!! these are amazing! i wish i can knit things like this.. but i will try...