Saturday 21 July 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME :0)

Today is my 48th birthday! My young grandaughter stayed over with us last night and played up all night long so Grandma looks more like 68 this morning (while little miss Cassie Bear is prancing around wih her auntie Jenna fresh as a daisy - not fair!). Never mind - hopefully as the day progresses Grandma will manage to stay awake to see the family!

I managed to buy a large load of Sirdar WOW! chenille yarn this week so I will be really looking forward to that arriving - number 1 son is desperate to have a nice new chenille jumper so I am going to kick off by making one or two for his birthday and then I guess I will have to do the same for number 2 son who is now almost 15 and looks up to his big bro! Miss Jenna has already laid claim to the fab Raspberry Pink lot and wants a nice jacket made with that so that should keep me out of mischief for a wee while.

I have already had some money for my birthday so I am heading off into town this week to buy some new clothes - I have lost over a stone in the last 6 weeks so my trousers are too big and the shop I go to has a load of very in vogue tops in right now so my daughters might actually aprove of my purchases for a change! (Normally a shopping trip with my gang involves loads of threats to call out the fashion police and screams of 'You are not buying that!' :0)

Right back to the sofa for me to watch last night's Supernatural and knit the cuffs and band onto a lovely wee cardigan for Baby Pack - I had some nice variegated yarn that is perfect for Africa (remember not all white for Africa girls - it is the colour of mourning over there :0) so I am going to knit it up into cardigan, hat and shoes sets. Still very excited about the new nappies that are coming - they will make such a difference - Grandma is tired but the world is not such a bad place! :0)

No comments: