Friday 13 July 2007

Stitch N Bitch

I have now added out details on to the Stitch N Bitch site. It seems to be areally great Forum full of lots of happy knitters - they had a charity knitting section and one for groups so I have added our details in both categories - I think next step will be to contact Simply Knitting and Knitting magazines with our details as well - seems like every time I join something new we get a few more members which is great for us and even better for the charities we support!

I am going off down today to book us in to the local community centre for Monday Meetings (1pm to 3pm in Kelty Community Centre from 23rd July) and I will get in touch with the church in Dunfermline and the Volunteer Centre in Kirkcaldy to arrange days and times with them.

Hopefully we will have a very productive summer!

I have to go in to Dunfermline tomorrow to the Sewing Machine Centre to buy some more tartan knit in ribbon for a bonnet I had ordered the other day. I am also going to look for a pattern for a Man's Tammy hat as an old neighbour wants one for her nephew to wear to work. There are not an awful lot of LYS around here - I normally go to the lady at Kinross Market as her prices are good and she orders things in for me if she doesn't have them. The other local stores are Pins and Needles in Lochgelly which is like a Tardis - very small shop but packed floor to ceiling with all sorts of lovely yarn and associated items. The Sewing Machine Centre in Dunfermline which is more expensive but has all sorts of crafty things in it over two floors - well worth a visit if you are in the area. Apart from that there aren't really any good stores here.

Why not post on site and let us all know what is available in your area? Which are your favourites and which would be worth a visit if any of us were visiting your area? I know that the first thing I do when we go on holiday is check out the LYS to see what they have! :0)

No comments: