Monday 23 July 2007

First Group Meeting!

Well ladies - we held the very first group meeting of Loving Hands in the Kelty Community Centre this afternoon and it went very well. I came home clutching a whole box of knitted baby clothes and a bag of knitted and crocheted blankets as well as a large drum of knitting needles donated by one of the members.

Since it was school holidays Miss Jenna accompanied me and was very helpful - she seemed to enjoy helping everyone and handing round the cakes and biscuits! (Mind you I had to 'pay' her £1 for the ice cream van for being good as gold - for a change! :0)

Next step will be to get the meeting advertised in the local newsletter as I am sure most of the ladies who knit in the village read that (if the response I got to the advert and story about the knitathon is anything to go by!).

No comments: