Wednesday 12 December 2007

Christmas Fayre and Challenges

Well - the Fayre is over - sadly it didn't go as well as we would have hoped but we have made over £200 for the postage fund (enough to post two 13.6Kgs boxes so I will get a bit of space back in the office!). Unfortunately the timing was all wrong - the church had had their own Christmas Fayre the Saturday before and they had made £1000 at their one :0( Next year we will plan well in advance, make sure we aren't anywhere near the church sale and advertise in every available space we can find!

We did have a great time though and we do have a lot of extra things left over which will be great when the market stalls start up in the JRD trust after the new year. Meg is going to take our craft items and sell them there for us which will boost the funds again :0) We are still hoping for a few donations from various sources as well. Once I have the packing boxes in place I will pack them all up with 13.6kgs in each so we can get them away asap.

Well done for all your help girls - I will post some photos of the stalls etc from home to let you all see how great it looked.

Christmas Challenges:

I have had a quick count and we have managed to collect 80 prem baby cardigans and hats and 44 boobs already! We still have two weeks to go so I am sure we will make it - keep it up gang! I am knitting boobies at every available opportunity (in between christmas shopping, wrapping parcels and writing cards!). I went out and had some cards printed for my family today and I have put the photo of our wee Jenna posing with her box of boobs on the front of it - she was so pleased when she saw what I had done! :0)

Forum:

We have hd another two members join the Forum today as well - welcome to Lis and Taylor - (Forum names) - I know you are both already members and working away for us as we speak - hope you enjoy being on the Forum as much as we do. It has been great letting everyone get to know one another better. We can't thank Pam enough for setting up the Forum and Website for us:0)

Right I am off to get some more work done - update again soon!

1 comment:

margaret hamilton said...

So sorry the fayre did not go as well as you had hoped. Especially after all the work involved.
It is a mine field making sure you think of everything but next year will be much better I am sure. It's a very fine line betweeen what is too early and competing with a well established fayre like the church.
I am sure this site will be helpfull in promoting next year. I know I would be interested if I knew early enough.
Chin up girls, it's alla learning curve, upwards.
Margaret ( slackstitches )