Tuesday 25 December 2007

Happy Christmas Day!

Happy Christmas to all my lovely Loving hands members out there! I will be delaying the announcement of the christmas Challenges until Thursday as I missed the pick up at them post office yesterday so don't know what final parcels were there to be added in. I know we have definitely beaten the prem baby challenge but we were struggling a bit on the booby front so hopefully once I pick up the post (and knit like mad for the next couple of days too!) we might just make it :0) Watch out for numbers and photos on Thursday!

We will discuss the next challenge at the first meeting of 2008 (usual venues in kelty and Kirkcaly on Monday 7th January). Hopefully you will all rise to that one as well abd we will sail through it! :0)

You are all amazing people and it has been a privilege to have you all on board this year - to all my members both old and new let me say Happy New Year and lets make it a very productive one!

Till next post xxx

4 comments:

kathyann said...

Just found your site and thought I'd drop you a line .I think you are all doing a fantastic thing in helping your chosen charities.Crafty ladies are wonderful and do so much to help others.I too support the babypack project and send out parcels of nappies,crochet blankets and teddies and any baby clOthes I am given.As the postage is so expensive my daughters and I plan to make 2008 a year of fundraising so that we can send out more parcels to South Africa.I have joined my local over 50's group and we have many craft classes so I will be making alsorts this year to sell, as well as all the baking we do we also make jams and chutneys with whatever fruit is in season! so it looks like we are going to be very busy in 2008.Good luck with your project,Best Wishes from Kathyann at meg's mum's muffins

Lou said...

Thanks for the kind comments and words of support Kathyann - the postage to Africa is horrendous isn't it! Hopefully we will all manage to raise the much needed funds to get these baby things where they need to be. Have a great new year and good luck with your fundraising! :0)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas all! I've not had internet access (i'm on a borrowed computer at the moment) but i'll post you what I can in 2008!

Liverbird -x-

Lou said...

Glad to see you are still around Fynn! Hope you and yours had a great Christmas - I am just about to post the figures for the christmas Challege - we did ever so well - can't wait to see what we will do in the Easter one! :0)