Saturday 4 August 2007

A Message from Baby Pack!

Just wanted to share with you all a lovely e-mail I got from Val Bailey in Africa yesterday - as you can see she is over the moon with the news about the wonderful donations of nappies from Tommee Tippee and Lollipop Children's Products - thanks to them for their very kind gifts!


Hi all you good people
This is just great news,nappies are a thing that I just keep running out of. I was able to go out today and buy 58 and have the money to get another 70, this means I can get more packs out to the people who need them.

You know I keep telling people when they pray for something to believe in what they are praying for, I have been praying about nappies for the project and God has been so good ,it is just so uplifting to hear about the nappies. I will pray now for the funding to get them out here and I know I will be looking at them soon.

Thank you so much for all your hard work over there. Im so happy about this I'm punching the air.

THANK YOU
GOD BLESS
Val xoxox


I thought the best way to share this with you all was simply to copy and paste her message directly onto here for you all to see! This does make it all very worthwhile and it is nice to be able to share the excitement with all my lovely members.

This Blog is actually viewed by so many more people than I had ever imagined - I got a lovely e-mail from a wonderful American lady called Jean Ewing this morning. She says she has been enjoying reading our posts. She tells me that over there they have a project which teaches kids to knit at the High School she works in. Last year they made scarves, hats and blankets to send to Tsunami Africa and they think they will do the same this year. She asked me to send her some patterns for bonnets and sweaters which I have done - well done Jean - giving with Love is always good - keep up the good work!

Don't forget if you are visiting the Blog I would dearly love to hear from you - post a comment on here or send me an e-mail - it makes things seem all the more real when you get lovely feedback from readers and fellow members!

Right - back to knitting number one son his first Chenille birthday jumper - it took just 12 hours to make one for my 6 year old daughter yesterday and since last night I have completed front and back of son's one so these are very quick projects indeed. If I have left over chenille I can make it into hats and scarves for Blythswood - this stuff is really soft and cosy - would make a big difference in the hard winters over in Croatia and Albania :0)

Keep knitting girls!

If you have any donations ready to send you can post them to:-

Loving Hands Charity Knitting group,
18 Clentry Crescent,
Kelty,
Fife.
KY4 0LG
Scotland.

Talk to you soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Littlelou said...

Hello..still keen to hear any progress on the Kirkcaldy knit meet up. Check out my blog. Lotsa love...Louise x

Lou said...

Hopefully won't be too long Louise - I was thinking I might get teh Kirkcaldy group going so it is settled in and running smoothly before Christmas - I am looking for somewhere other than the Volunteer centre though as they are charging very high rates - if we can get in a community centre somewhere it will cost us just a pound an hour as we are a charity/fundraising group - much better and leaves cash for postage! I will keep in touch :0)