Friday 17 August 2007

Secret Pal!

I have got my match for Secret Pal 11 - a bit baffled by this one - apparently - even though this is an SP with members from all over the world they decided - in their wisdom - to allocate me someone to spoil who lives less than 40 miles away from my house! I will have to be really devious to try to stop her figuring out I am close by before the event finishes at the end of November.

Wonder who has been given my details - it is a different person who will be spoiling me - I am really excited about this and hopefully this time I will have a really good one (the last two times the people who were meant to spoil me were rather frugal and certainly didn't get into the swing of the secret pal thing at all - hopefully this is third time lucky!).

I have been on my SPs Blog and already have a lot of ideas for things I can send to her - I love to pack up large boxes full of lots of surprises - I imagine what their faces will be like when they start to open everything - it is such fun trying to make sure that you pick things they will love! She has filled in her questionnaire and given me lots of information about her likes and dislikes so hopefully I will manage to make her really happy! :0)

Got a parcel from Shelley Mitchell (Preemiesuk) this morning - 50 tiny baby burial buntings and some washcloths - thanks Shelley! I am sure Val will make use of them - they must have a lot of losses over there :0(

I also got a parcel from Ann on the Isle of Man the other day containing lots of tiny prem hats, shoes and mittens - they are so sweet - they have been put into the box I am filling for Shelley - she will be so pleased - thanks Ann!

We have a guess the Gorilla's birthday thing going on in the local post office to try to raise funds for postage - hopefully we will get a good response.

Right -must go off and pick up the kids from school!

Talk to you all soon!

3 comments:

Janey said...

Funny that! My SP lives about 30 miles from me and I was a bit disappointed really! Even someone up in your neck of the woods would be better! Shall we swap!!

Lou said...

It might not be that bad Janey - we may find that these new SP's might just turn out to be great friends for us after the sp is over! Have you heard from your spoiler yet? No word from mine - wonder if they live farther afield??? I have bought some nice gifts today for my spoilee - she is a cat lover and loves natural scents and plain chocolate so it whouldn't be too hard to get nice things for her!

Janey said...

You might be right Lou but I have a feeling not! My spoiler lives in the US I think so I'm hoping for some lovely US sweeties!
I did order some bits for my SP but Get Knitted were out of stock, typical!