Friday 24 August 2007

4ply cardis and happy pals!

Well - the weather up here in fabulous Fife is glorious! It has been in the high twenties for the last three days - can't believe it - the kids are back at school and the sun is taunting them! :0) Hope it lasts for the weekend so they can get out and have some fun in it!

I am busily knitting up some prem cardis in 4ply - apparently the biggest needs in the prem baby units are for cardis and hats for the wee ones once they can come out of the incubators so from 10" size up to around the 14 to 16" sizes would be best. They also need small baby blankets in close knit patterns (don't want to catch any tiny, fragile fingers in lacey designs!). Very useful information for us as we wouldn't want to be busily knitting thing sthat are not required! Once I have a decent set of samples made up I will pop round some of the local maternities and let them tell me which items they need most!

My secret pal got her parcel today and she was over the moon with everything in it - her blog has been updated today already - she posted photos of every item and seemed to be over the moon - this is what makes SP such fun! I can't wait to see what my own 'spoiler' picks out for me - it's a bit of a hit and miss affair as sometimes you get someone (a bit like me I guess) who really gets carried away with it all and sends loads of things regularly during the 3 months and then you get the ones who stick rigidly to the amount suggested and use it to buy one larger item at the start and finish. I like the small parcels often route best as it keeps the excitement going and you know you have made your pal really happy! Bet you are all dying for the next round to start in December sop you can all join up for SP12! :0)

Right - if I go and get the floors mopped and feed the mega mutts I can maybe get some more knitting done before DH returns from work :0)

Keep Smiling!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

your work sounds brilliant! I've been looking for a place to send scarves, do you have any charities that need those?

Fynn

Lou said...

Yes of course we do - Blythswood Care take scarves for all ages and both sexes - we will happily take all you can knit! They are sent to places like Croatia and Albania where our soldiers were finding kiddies who had lost their fingers toes and noses to frostbite. They need warm clothing for tots to OAP's and nice warm blankets too.

Anonymous said...

I've been looking for something like this for a while....the blog and knitathons sound fabulous! Have you got any members in the Liverpool area, or can I be the first?

Fynn Kent

Lou said...

I don't think we have any in Liverpool yet Fynn - welcome on board our first Liverbird! :0)

lou said...

I would love to have some cardigans knitted by lovely elderly women, who could i ask?
Email me at:
packard56bell@yahoo.co.uk