Saturday 1 September 2007

New members and lots of donations!

Well - this has been a really busy week for us - we have had another huge donation from Tommee Tippee - thank you so much Avril - you are a real star!!! Those nappies, baby bottles and dummies will be welcomed with open arms in Kwa Zulu Natal!

We have also had parcels of yarn from a couple of places - thanks girls - it will all be put to a good cause!

A new member from Liverpool has just joined us today as well - welcome Fynn - our first Liverbird I think - you will be a very valuable member of our team I am sure!

My 'almost' secret pal has come up trumps for us too - she has told her knitting group all about Loving Hands and they have already given her a load of yarn to send in to us - hopefully some of them will knit for us as well - it is brilliant! Thanks Chris - you are great! :0)

Now - if any of you can come up with some ideas how we can fund raise to get these parcels out do share them with me - I am trying to post out as fast as I can but the African ones cost an arm and a leg.

Right - this old lady is exhausted tonight so I am off to beddy by land - lots to knit tomorrow and an office to re-organise before I disappear under all this stuff!

No comments: