Tuesday 30 October 2007

Volunteer of the Year!

Hi Guys!

You'll never guess what happened to me on Thursday night???? I was at the Volunteer of the year Awards in Kirkcaldy and I won! I came home with a trophy and a certificate and all because I chose to start Loving Hands after the Volunteer Knitathon in June! You could have knocked me down with a feather when they announced my name - I had no idea it would be me - those devils at the Volunteer Centre and Sky had certainly done a good job of keeping me in the dark :0) I have just had the Dunfermline Press on the phone for an update so hopefully they will feature the dates and times of the local meetings and also they are sending a photographer out to take photos in the morning when I get in from work. I guess all publicity is great as it gets us more members and lets people see we are doing so well.

The Christmas Fayre is taking shape well now - we now have more craft stalls booked in and it looks like we will have lots of willing helpers on board too which is great. Remember if any of you have any items for our craft stall or would like to donate a prize for the raffle or the tombola (or if you live locally and you can bake for the cake and candy!). We will need to have all contributions in before the end of November so we can be ready to set up the stalls in time!

I have just sent a box containig 60 of our hand knitted boobies off to Tommee Tippee as they have a big launch to do next week - Avril tells me she has another box of goodies for us )not just nappies she says but she has included things she hopes we will find useful too) she has been such a Godsend to us - if you are reading this Avril we really appreciate all you have done to help Baby Pack and ourselves - and don't worry we will keep on knitting boobies for you for the Breast cancer project next year - some of us are getting really quite fast at making them and I have just bought in 8kgs of stuffing to keep Miss Jenna busy filling them for you! :0)

We have had a lot of new members joining by letter this last week thanks to the feature in Let's Knit! Magazine which is brilliant. I will now need to contact the magazines again to update our meetings as we will be having two local meetings once the Kirkcaldy group starts up on November 12th!

Right - must dash - I could fit in a couple of good knitting hours before I pick up the kids if I get started right now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! This is so wonderful, winning a prize for all your efforts. Everyone can do with some acknowledgement every now and then. And you sure deserve it, you are amazingly active and involved in this work. I wish you a lot of success with the fair and some more publicity due to this prize.