Friday 5 October 2007

Update!




Hi Guys!


From a wonderful sunny Fife - can't believe this good weather is still holding! As you will see from the attached photos the weather was great on our weekend away to a Chalet at St. Fillans as well!


I have also put on a photograph of our wee Jenna with a box containing 50 boobs all ready for Tommee Tippee - we are pulling in and making more as fast as we can before we go down to Newcastle - if I could get the ones in from Margaret in Kincardine we might make the 100 mark before we go! Jenna has been helping me out by stuffing the 'boobs' for me so I just have to sew them up - she has had such fun doing it and it has caused much hilarity in our house I can tell you! :0)


I sent out an email update the other day but five of them have come back as undeliverable - please if you have changed your email address do let me know as I would hate to lose touch with anyone!


I have been counting and we now have 50 members up and down the country working away - you are all brilliant! We have had a few new ones since the letter was published in 'Simply Knitting' and with the new magazine 'Let's Knit' that is launching next week having a feature about us in it as well we should get even more members from that - don't forget to let all your knitting and crocheting friends and family members know about us - get them to email or write with their details so I can add them to the list (I am hoping to double the numbers to at least 100 in time for Christmas so do your best! :0)
Right I must go and keep knitting 'boobs' - remember we need all your donations - I am hoping to have worked out the Christmas challenge for you all next week so watch this space!
Keep on knitting! :0)


7 comments:

Alison said...

hi - i found your blog via ravelry. can you tell me why you are knitting breasts for tommee tippee? they make baby bottles which are mostly used for feeding formula, so i'm curious as to why they would be asking people to knit breasts!

(however i have to admit that i'm happy to see the knitted breast pattern available for download because I have lost my copy!)

Anonymous said...

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c85/affiesgirl/?action=view¤t=LovingHands_0001.flv

I made this as a short video, what do you think? Its a rough idea for raising awareness of what we do, but obviously needing a logo for Loving Hands and a better stock of images.

Fynn

Anonymous said...

Oh, the link doesnt seem to have worked to the vid, nevermind. I'll email it to you instead !

Littlelou said...

Have the Kirkcaldy meetings begun?

Lou said...

thereyougothen.....
Tommee Tippee got involved with this wonderful project through a group of local midwives. These hand knitted boobs are used to teach new mums how to breastfeed in local clinics - the prosthetic ones they were using previously cost £32 each which was just too much for most clincis to afford - we can make these very quickly for pennies and help others in the UK at the same time :0) (Some of our boobs go to local clinics as well and we have also made some extra special ones for ladies who have had mastectomies and find the NHS prosthectics too uncomfortable to wear fro long periods) :0)

Lou said...

Little Lou....

The kirkcaldy meetings will be starting on the 12th November in the JRD Trust building - 9 The Esplanade, Kirkcaldy. The meetings will be on from 7pm to 9pm every Monday night from then on. Same charge as Kelty - each member who attends pays £2 at each meeting to cover hall fees and the extra goes into the postage fund. There will be tea and coffee etc for sale at this venue too as they have a coffee bar on the premises! I look forward to seeing you there! :0)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lou,

the pictures look amazing, I envy you! What a lovely weekend you must have had.