Friday 12 October 2007

Let's Knit!

It's here folks! I dashed out and bought issue one today to see what it was like and they have a photo of a box of our boobies with a feature about what we are up to in the Meet and greet pages! Hopefully we will get a response from this! I have signed up for the three issues for £1 thing they have so will get the first one for £1 in November - the mag is pretty expensive (£4.99) if you buy it from the shops but you are getting subscriptions a lot cheaper so if you like it that will probably be the best way to go - I haven't checked out the DVD that came along with it but there is a nice wee baby set in it that would be great for Baby Pack!

I have heard back from HMS Argylle and the boys are really excited that we are trying to help them out - they have promised that not only will they pay the yarn and postage costs for their jumpers if we can get them made for them but they will also give us a donation for the postage fund which is definitely good!

I was thinking of approaching the Press and trying to put this out as a competition with a prize for the best Christmas Jumper???? Thought the publicity could only do us good and we should then get more jumpers for the lads which would be a great boost for morale on board when it comes to Christmas Day....... watch this space! :0)

Got an e-mail from Avril at Tommee Tippee tonight - apparently she has been speaking to our Press Officer (Tukiya - the Sky television press girl - lovely lady - always trying to get my photo in the local press!). We should be heading down there the week after next so I will be delivering these Boobs in person after all :0)
If I can just get those ones in from Kincardine we will make 100 for this run - I know a lot of you have already started on the Christmas challenge - thank you so much for that - we are certainly going to need every boob we can make as Avril tells me they have big plans for this project next year and will be using it to help publicise Breast Cancer awareness which is just fantastic - I am sure we would all be very proud to be helping such a worthwhile campaign.

Having said that we will not ignore our other charities either. We are busily working on the 100 prem baby cardigans and hats for the challenge as we speak and I am sure there are some of you still working on blankets (for babies, OAPs and animals), first size baby clothes for Baby Pack, Burundi Bears and also warm clothing for Blythswood. The need is always great and I am sure that we will be a great help to all of our nominated charities in the coming months :0)

Right - time for bed I think - a lot of knitting to be done and I am so tired - my monsters walked me off my feet yesterday as I had to take them shopping for essentials (they go back to school on Monday - hurray!) and number two son wanted to spend his birthday money on new games (it was a mammoth day out - two teenage boys, one 6 year old daughter, one 20 year old daughter and her offspring - my 2 year old grandaughter and me - shopping in town, lunch in a far too expensive restaurant where youngest daughter and grandaughter decided to play up while they waited for their food - much to the amusement of the two teenage tearaways - then off round Asdas for food shopping before returning home to do the housework which didn't get done in the morning because Grandma decided she was going to come on this PC and check out her Blog and e-mails - phew!!!!). Talk to you all soon...............

No comments: