Sunday 9 September 2007

Secret Parcels and a whole lot more!









Good morning everyone!

This week has been great! The local newsletter has printed the follow up to the Knitathon and all the details about Loving Hands so hopefully that will attract more ladies (or even gents) along to the Monday afternoon meetings. Fife Womens Technology Centre are knitting for us as well and have asked where to hand in their items - thanks ladies - you are brilliant! Our lovely Do from the Isle of Man has been on the phone for more knitting patterns - keep up the good work Do it is always great talking to you! Tukiya (Sky televisions Press Officer) has told me it won't be long now before we go down to meet up with Avril at Tommee Tippee - I am really excited about this as Avril seems to be such a lovely lady and it will be great to meet her face to face and be able to thank her for all the fabulous donations of nappies, baby bottles etc she has sent in for Baby Pack! I will make sure I collect in all completed 'Boobs' before I got down so that I can give here a really HUGE mountain of them!

My secret pal Jennie Rouse has sent along two large bags of yarn this week as well - thank you Jennie - all contributions are very gratefully received and it won't be long beofre all these eager hands have turned this yarn into useful items for our charities! Jennie is also roping in all her lovely knitting friends and hopefully some of them will decide to knit us a few items as well!


Talking about Secret Pal - the wonderful new Pal that was allocated to me has sent me my first parcel this week. Thank you so much! The parcel has come from Germany so I think I must have been right about that part of it (her e-mail provider is German so I thought that must be a clue!). The parcel was great and I got lots of lovely goodies from her!
The pictures above show the parcel when it arrived! Then I unwrapped it and it was filled in with pieces of a German magazine - once I removed those and unwrapped the parcel I found all those lovely things inside!
A hand made knitting needle wrap - very nice! I will think of her every time I use it - just the thing for carrying projects about in the car etc as I keep losing needles through the bottom of my bag at present!
A lovely little random yarn cardigan for Baby Pack - the pattern is very unusual and the buttons ever so cute!
Two bars of German chocolate - my hubby has latched on to those - says they would be bad for my diet!
6 balls of lovley yarn - 4 pale blue and 2 random pink - these will make perfect baby things - I love soft luxury yarns for baby things! And the colours are gorgeous!
Finally there was a lovely card with a message from her as well.
Brilliantly done my secret friend - I will look forward to the rest of Secret Pal with bated breath!
Right - now it is my daughter Roxanne's 20th birthday today so I am off to pull the rest of my brood together so we can go visit and give her all her presents and cards - bad planning on my part - son Andrew is 24 on Thursday - daughter Kelly is 27 on the 19th and our 10th wedding anniversary is on the 20th (been together for 17 years now though - second husband and dad of Johnny and Jenna)- closely followed by younger son Johnny's 15th on the 8th October. This is a very busy time for presents and visits!
Keep up the good work - you are all AMAZING! :0-)












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those pressies look lovely - and so much news and things to keep you busy! Have a great week Lou