Friday 3 September 2010

Oops I did it again!

Ooops - I did it again folks - so sorry I keep forgetting about this Blog here because it takes all my time to keep the reprobates on the Loving Hands forum out of mischief. Please go have a look at the web page lovinghands.org.uk and if you click the link to the forum at the top right hand of the page you will be able to keep up with what we are doing from there.

The current challenges are;-

Pegasus Children's Trust - we are busy helping out author of Street Kid Judy Westwater's charity to helkp street kids in Africa - we are making clothing, toys, school uniforms etc for these lovely youngsters to help give them a better shot at a decent life.

We are also making hundreds of Teddies for Tragedy - some for Orphans in Cambodia and some for street kids in Uganda.

The last part of the current challenge is - once again - our shoeboxes for Blythswood. We made 200 last year so are hoping to achiee more than that this time round.

So you see we are very much here and very, very busy.

We have now raised enough money to have the new HQ built at the bottom of my garden (or glorified large garden shed as my DH says ;0) Just waiting for the planning permission to come through so we can build it and get the room in the house back - at last!

I am still waiting for the next stage in my reconstruction - the plastic surgeons are planning to put 4 tissue expanding balloons into my scalp, forehead and the side of my neck and spend 6 to 18 months slowly filling them with saline to gain enough new skin to rebuild my face. Once they come out the reconstruction ops can take place and after that they will insert clips into the bone around the eye socket so they can attach a new artificial eye/eyelid/eyebrow etc. So lots of fun and games to be had over the next 3 to 4 years in order to make me look good again! (Of course my lovely family tell me I look good anyway - I have booked them all into the opticians as a matter of extreme urgency ;0)

Right - best try to get some sleep - this is the worst side effect of my accident - I have been suffering from terrible nightmares since I woke from the drug induced coma they put me in. Sadly that is the one thing I just can't seem to shake off - everything else is just water under the bridge, que sera sera - the annoying thing about the bad dreams is that I know it was all just my mind running wild due to the cocktail of drugs they were pumping into me but somehow I can't find the peace of mind to get a good night's sleep! Never mind it gives me lots of time to work away on here or do some knitting and watch tv ;0)

Till the next time ...........

2 comments:

Bevy said...

Ah glad your saline things will be filled manually. I tried out the "self filling" ones with almost disasterous results! Good luck.

Lou said...

Sadly it did not work out for me either - they put the balloons in and waited 3 weeks before they started to fill them, tried to go slowly and then they started bursting out again and I got another nasty infection. Result was bac to hospital to have them all removed so back to square one with more wounds to heal all over again ;0) Never mind - maybe next time!