Friday 25 January 2008

Knitting, Crocheting and Sewing for Charity!

Well guys we are now officially Knitting, Crocheting and even Sewing for charity! As well as all of our usual knitting and crocheting we have now got some lovely ladies who can stitch beautiful burial gowns and convert blankets into animal bedding! All very much needed skills - especially for our group as we grow and try to help as many people as we can :0)

We have had a lot of requests from our maternities this week - it has been great emailing and chatting with the midwives and finding out what they particularly need in each hospital. We have had a request for two 2ply baby shawls from one hospital - I don't know if any of you feel you have the time to spare (OR THE PATIENCE) to create these beautiful things. If you do let me know - we would happily supply the patterns and yarn. I know that I could do them myself but running this group, working nightshift and trying to look after my tribe takes up so much time that I would not get any other knitting done for weeks if I take this on personally. :0)

Some of our hospitals have especially requested burial gowns and angel wraps so if any of you are strong enough to try making these very much needed but heartbreaking items I can provide patterns for knitted and crocheted items.

Right - it is 4.30am and the weather is appalling out there - so if I manage to get home this morning without getting drowned or blown away I will be back soon to keep you up to date with the Easter Challenges and all of our donations and requests :0)

Keep up the good work!

2 comments:

Herzblut said...

dear Lou,
sending giant hugs of comfort on the loss of your Chance, and huge hugs of thanks for doing my Rainbow memorial blanket....you're a real sweetie.

love from Claire ..... hoping to join in with you soon....
xxxx

Lou said...

I am nearly halfway through the blanket now Claire and it looks so sweet - I was thinking the local branch of the Cats Protection league would be a good place for it as they do such great work rescuing cats all the time :0) Watch out for the photo of the completed item :0)