Monday 25 June 2007

New Members!

Hello Again!

Great news! The Lion Brand yarns company have now got a link on their charity finder web pages to Loving Hands and it is working a charm! (Perhaps because we are the only charity knitting group listed in the UK at the moment!) :0)

Since last night I have had two new members e-mailed wanting to join up so let me say a big welcome to Margaret from Morayshire and Beryl from Anglesey. We are delighted to have you on board ladies - thanks for volunteering and we look forward to having you with us for a very long time to come!

Another bit of fun news for you all is that I have been asked to go down to England to meet up with the executives from Tommee Tippee and the midwives who set up the knitted breasts for breastfeeding initiative. I will be going down with the Press Officers from Sky Television in Dunfermline (where I work) and when I go I will take with me all the breasts we have ready by then - I have about three dozen done at the moment so the more the merrier before we go! It will be a great photo opportunity and a chance to publicise Loving Hands! (It will also give me a chance to meet with Avril Deane and thank her personally for getting Tommee Tippee involved) :0-) We are going down sometime in July - watch this space for more details!

1 comment:

margaret hamilton said...

Thank you for the warm welcome.
Last night I was peeling the tatties when my husband became a bit personal. When asked what he was up to ha said " Oh, they're not knitted ". Guess who had been reading the e-mail I printed from Linda with the bear pattern and the info on the breastfeeding project?
I am so looking forward to spreading the news on this group.